Bangkok Tonight Forum  
BangkokTonight : Massage | Bars | Discos | Night Clubs | Hotels | Escorts | Tips | Maps | Site Map
Search in:  

Main – Travel – Skytrain + Subway All Topics

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Multiple pages for this topic [ 1 2 ]
Email a friend |  

 
CaptK
I am considering a 3 day pass on the skytrain but need to use the new subway also. Does anyone know if this type of pass covers this or do you have to buy a pass for the subway? If so how does it cost to ride the subway? Thanks for all answers.


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 6:16 pm on Sep. 22, 2004
NewKid
CaptK,

The BTS 3 day pass allows you unlimited travel for 3 days ONLY on the Skytrain. It definitely doesn't cover the Subway.

I am not sure if there is such a pass for the Subway. I only travelled once (from Sukhumvit to Sutthisan - went to Poseidon ) and it costed me 17 baht one way if I am not wrong. For single trip use, you get a small token (a disc like thing) that you tap on the sensor (on the barrier) on your way in. When you exit the station, you need to drop the token at the barrier.

Hope this helps.


Bangkok Women : Meet Sensual Bangkok Women
Posted on: 8:25 pm on Sep. 22, 2004
ringthebells
the smartcard costs baht 300.00 and can be topped up. value is 250 baht as the first 50 baht is a (probably refundable) deposit for the card.

I did not see any promotions for tourists. seems the metro is not really for tourists. the stations written on my card are all in thai.

tourists are supposed to take tuk tuks taxis and minivans anyway.

rtb.


Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 11:10 pm on Sep. 22, 2004
tourist
Last time I used the subway they weren't letting people down into the ticket level of the station (because they ran out of change?). The only people they let through had cards, these MRT cards I believe. 20 minutes later (after a taxi on Asoke told me he could not possibly take me to Poseidon because rush hour+ traffic was too bad) I checked again and they were letting everyone into the station. Platform was so full I got on the 2nd train. 300 bht seems to me like a good investment to avoid delay, especially if the MRT card doesn't expire. Hey my Singapore card lasts for seven years. Does anybody know if they have a machine where credit can be added to the cards or does one need to go to the ticket counter?


Bangkok Girls : Meet Sexy Bangkok Girls
Posted on: 5:27 am on Sep. 23, 2004
lomatopo
BTS Ticket/Pass information

So it looks like there are many options for the BTS (single journey, 1/3 day tourist, stored value, etc.).

For the subway, I could only find reference to a stored value card.

I think there is a plan that at some point in the future one card will cover both the BTS and Subway?


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 10:43 am on Sep. 23, 2004
Bangkok Chang

The MRT cards have to be recharged at the ticket counter. There is no facility on the machines.

A serious oversight - characteristic of LoS in my opinion.



Bangkok Women : Meet Beautiful Thai Girls
Posted on: 5:33 am on Oct. 25, 2004
phantomtony
If the new subway is only in Thai and not english friendly, what is the best way to get around using the system? Ex. if Im at a station with several differ. trains, how can I be sure its the one I want (are they color coded or numbered?) or even if the train will be going in the direction I want?
There are alot of cities with great subway systems and have free subway maps for guides. Will I be able to obtain a free copy before leaving for BKK?


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 5:48 pm on Dec. 23, 2004
aircrest
http://www.bangkokbob.net/subway.htm


Thai Girls : Meet Active Thai Girls
Posted on: 6:07 pm on Dec. 23, 2004
scobie
You hardly need a map for Bangkok's Subway system. This isn't London or New York, you know. There is only one line. If you get on a train and it's going the wrong way, get off and cross the platform.

Life is really very simple when you think about it.



Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 9:23 pm on Dec. 23, 2004
dotcom
Bangkok Chang - agree completely. I have the 300 baht BTS card. There are no card readers - so that when you want to check your balance you have to get in the queue & have a human check it.

Waste of time & under technologized (if that's a word).

The card readers are in the same place as the disabled access.


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 9:58 pm on Dec. 23, 2004
     

© 2001-2019 bangkok2night.com | Our Privacy Statement

Powered by Ikonboard 2.1.10
© 2001 Ikonboard.com