Bangkok Tonight Forum  
BangkokTonight : Massage | Bars | Discos | Night Clubs | Hotels | Escorts | Tips | Maps | Site Map
Search in:  

Main – Travel – Trip to Hell All Topics

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Multiple pages for this topic [ 1 2 ]
Email a friend |  

 
ccvvbb
During a recent trip to Thailand with a friend it was time to get back home to Canada, we had been in Pattaya for about 2 weeks and our vacation was quickly coming to an end. I was out walking the day before we were scheduled to return to Bangkok and did not have any travel arrangements to BKK.

I did not know where the bus station was and did not want to pay the fair for a metered taxi so I decided to book us on a big tour bus, I thought that they were fairly safe as they were always full of tour groups.

I have been in 3 bad car accidents (none of them my fault) and am always leary of travel whether it is by auto, bus, train, etc. I felt safe with my choice.

The next day a mini bus picked us up at the Lido hotel and took us to the hotel where the tour bus departed from, we waited there for about an hour with other ÏfarangsÓ from all over the world. Finally the bus came and we boarded, I wanted to watch out the window and happened to get the front seat so I was able to watch out the front windshield. The passenger compartment on these buses is elevated from where the driver sits and I was the only one with a clear view of the driver. After about an hour on the road I noticed the driver was doing the Ïhead bobÓ chain smoking, shaking his head and doing everything he could to stay awake, this made me a little nervous and I kept coughing and making noise on purpose so he would hear me and hopefully stay awake until we made it to Bangkok.

Well, next thing I knew, the f_cker fell asleep, fell out of his seat and right on to the floor, he quickly woke up grabbed the steering wheel, looked around to see if anyone saw this and kept the bus going straight as an arrow, all of this and he never even swerved. Well I almost shit myself and was ready to die of a heart attack, I looked around and realized that I was the only one on the whole bus that saw this, most other passengers were sleeping.
I quickly went to the back where my friend was sitting and got him to come sit in the front with me, we continued the journey talking LOUDLY between us so the driver would stay awake, we did make it to Bangkok without any other incidents but I was quite rattled when I got off of the bus.

I understand that this can be quite a common occurrence as time is money and when Thais sleep they are not making money.

On my next trip I found the Northern bus stationÓ and started taking buses from there and feel they are A LOT safer and also A LOT cheaper.
(95B to Pattaya)

Any other travel HORROR STORIES??




Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 11:53 pm on July 2, 2002
Deleted Member
CCVVBB,

jesus f_cking christ !!!
I am surprised you didn't go and slap the bastard round his face a few times to wake him up.. I sure would have. Was planning on taking a bus down from BKK to Phuket when I visit LOS but after hearing your tale screw that! i'm gonna get the train down to surat thani then take a private taxi...I'm too young to die !
C


Bangkok Women : Meet Sensual Bangkok Women
Posted on: 6:58 am on July 3, 2002
Deleted Member
thanks for that story ccvvbb, it was so funny i was laughin me cock off!
cheers


Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 4:34 pm on July 4, 2002
nokna
calligula
oooooohhhhhhhh.
buds from BKK to HKT?.
not for me,once got bus from naog khai to BKK and that out me off for life.

get the plane,only an hour.


Bangkok Girls : Meet Sexy Bangkok Girls
Posted on: 5:22 pm on July 4, 2002
nokna
can tell i've been to the pub.
spelling atrocious.


Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 5:23 pm on July 4, 2002
pinga
Agree with you brother CALLIGULA. CCVV should kick this bastard in the balls. How the hell....Anyway, will try to consider safer trips next time. I use to take the minivans from Ambasador Hotel (BKK) down to Pattaya early on Saturday and come back the day after in a similar van early at night. No troubles so far, thanks God....


Bangkok Women : Meet Beautiful Thai Girls
Posted on: 4:15 am on July 5, 2002
Deleted Member
CCVB, Toto & Nokna,

At first I figured vip bus travel would be the best option - air con, meeting other travellers & getting to see rural thailand. But the more I read the more i realise that this is in fact dicing with death.
So, that leaves me with train v plane !!
C


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 5:36 am on July 5, 2002
nokna
calligula
train is good.
i travelled on the overnight sleeper to nong khai and was very impressed.

try http://www.ASIA-DISCOVERY.COM/TRAINS.

has timetable and prices of trains to phuket.

i may be wrong but i think the train goes to surathani and then you get a bus to phuket.


Thai Girls : Meet Active Thai Girls
Posted on: 1:12 pm on July 5, 2002
Jumping Jack
Get the plane - its only the price of 1 night out and only takes an hour - but the taxi fair from the airport to Patong is a killer - about 400B if you haggle hard or wait around for 20 mins and you can get a minibus with other passengers for around 100B


Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 2:20 am on July 12, 2002
nokna
calligula
plane is by far the easiest and quickest way from BKK to HKT.
around 2720 one way(obviously double for return).

but if you want to experience a bit of thai life,then train is better bet.
i got the train from BKK to Nong Khai and loved it.
only falang on the thing and wonderful service,but a couple of things scared me/worried/concerned me.

but i was with a poo-ying and while the overnight bunks are not exactly designed for 2,they are sufficient for sanuk.

why not get a flight one-way and then get a train the other way.
go for it,experience th thai thing.


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 2:36 am on July 12, 2002
     

© 2001-2019 bangkok2night.com | Our Privacy Statement

Powered by Ikonboard 2.1.10
© 2001 Ikonboard.com