Bangkok Tonight Forum  
BangkokTonight : Massage | Bars | Discos | Night Clubs | Hotels | Escorts | Tips | Maps | Site Map
Search in:  

Main – Hotel Issues – Unico Grande Sukhumvit All Topics

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Multiple pages for this topic [ 1 2 ]
Email a friend |  

 
Skip
Unico Grande Sukhumvit
Looks pretty upscale [especially] for Sukhumvit soi 1. This would actually be quite close to Bumrungrad Hospital.

I'm booked there for the next 9 nights, so if anyone's got questions fire away. Has anyone all ready stayed here? Thoughts?


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 11:49 pm on July 29, 2007
ROVER75
Looks very nice this hotel. How was it? Is it a girlfiendly place?


Bangkok Women : Meet Sensual Bangkok Women
Posted on: 4:41 am on Aug. 14, 2007
Skip
Great place! In most every respect this hotel impressed me. Lots!

Girl friendly: Yes, but. Easily 80% of the clientele are of middle eastern origin. That could be due to a summer seasonal high; the very friendly Lebanese guy running the restaurant across the way indicated it was. Whatever, but burkas were everywhere, so if infidel walks of shame are the final straw you might consider booking elsewhere.

The rooms are very spacious and come with a mini-kitchenette, lots of built-in closet space, room safe, free in-room Internet super comfy linens and mattress. Ideal for someone looking for a good short-term rental. It's also nice location-wise for being down the dead end soi 1 [if quiet is your thing] yet directly across from Bumrungrads' rear entrance. That gives you the option of exiting out to soi 3 or 1. There's also a moto-cy stand right there, too. Be it front of soi or end of soi motocys, it didn't matter, they all charged me a very reasonable 10BT each way.

The only things less than impressive are the breakfast which is as run of the mill for Bangkok as they come. Narry a Thai dish in sight, choice of three fruits, one omelett station, stale croissants, miso or khao tom soups with garnish, western cereals, baked tomatoes and breaky potatoes.

And the [yawn] postage stamp pool with slated hardwood chaise lounges that did NOT include cushions of any kind. I thought that was odd as hell and nearly complained about it. Some future tenant ought to insist they provide some.

The hotel is over staffed with a super friendly, well trained, extremely courteous staff. With one exception, watch out for the tall, square faced, good English speaking, doorman who will offer to have a cab waiting for you upon checkout. He'll have your bags packed and loaded whilst you're checking out and assume you're good to go Suvarnabhumi for 500Bt.

Last minute bookings: Here again, impressively fair. I over booked by one day when I booked online, so, when I checked in I had them reduce the booking by one day. Lo and behold, I ended up booking another [red-eye] flight to Seoul and decided to add a day. My online booking price- through LateStays.com -was booked around 2000Bt. When I added the day, they told me, "we're going to have to charge you walk-in prices." Uh-oh! Get ready for it! I thought. Yet she gave me a price of 2300Bt. Painless.


Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 7:13 am on Aug. 14, 2007
mansaturday
The website says that the promotion price does not apply to Middle East Countries.

Should I be surprised, or should I shrug my shoulders?



Bangkok Girls : Meet Sexy Bangkok Girls
Posted on: 8:58 am on Aug. 14, 2007
Skip
Well, you've got me shrugging.

Book through Latestays.com Unico Grande and you get the [now] same rate yet save 17% since the taxes and fees are inclusive.


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 4:07 pm on Aug. 14, 2007
footloose
What about the noise factor due to the proximity to the freeway? (I realize noise is a relative thing)


Bangkok Women : Meet Beautiful Thai Girls
Posted on: 6:31 pm on Sep. 9, 2007
maddogck1
Staying here right now.

Positive: Guest friendly (just take girls id), kitchen area, flat screen tv, nicely decorated, spacious, and limited outside noise even though its' close to the hwy

Negatives: too far down from Suk Rd (to me), low pressure shower head, shampoo=bathing solutions and limited (If I had Eden girls here, I would be in trouble), breakfast sucked big time, and internet keeps timing out after every now and then.

Some more comments: Didn't think anyone can screw up breakfast but they can. Not only was it bad but when I tried it, the burners were not even working so all of the food was cold. They have a TV channel with a video cam pointing at the front desk (like a video cam in MP fishbowl). Once you make it out to Suk Rd, then the closest BTS station is Phloen Chit. Close by, but you have to cross the railroad and hwy entrance.

Overall comment: The place might be more attractive to others at 1600/1700 Baht. Cheaper price would not get me to stay here by choice as I like to be close to the action (normally use Majestic Suite). But because of my last minute trip decision, my BKK hotel options are limited.


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 2:25 pm on Sep. 15, 2007
maddogck1
A few extra complaints I have for this hotel as I am near the end of my stay. The amenities resupply is very inconsistent. I have stayed here over 6 days so far, and each day, and each day I am missing anything from cotton buds, complimentary drinking water, to bath towels. I generally leave 40 baht tip each day for the maid services, and on nights where the girls have caused a bigger mess, I will leave a little extra. Regardless on the amount, I don't think tips should be a factor as I think these things should be part of a basic daily resupply checklist.

Also, TV-DVD Player-Stereo are not all hooked up the same for all rooms. On certain rooms where the furniture placement is correct, DVD audio comes out of the stereo. On certain rooms where the furniture does not fit the DVD player correctly, the audio is just plugged directly into the TV.

The staff have been very nice. But these are just a few annoying problems I have with Unico.


Thai Girls : Meet Active Thai Girls
Posted on: 4:00 am on Sep. 21, 2007
Skip
Funny. I had just the opposite experience with amenities- they resupplied them every day despite my not using those of the day prior. And the day prior to the prior day etc. Hence, when I did check out, there was a nine day stash piled up on the kitchenette: shampoo, conditioner, Q-tips, Shoe polishing cloth, hair bonnets yada-yada-yada.

Towels were refreshed daily as were the linens without fail.

Other than the banal breakfast fare, my greatest complaint with Unico would have to have been the complete lack of cushions which should have been covering every chaise lounge by the pool but were nowhere to be found. Now that is a faux pas of major import in my travelers book!

Perhaps that is soon to change, however, as I was sent an email survey regarding my Unico stay about four weeks after checking out and took the opportunity to comment on the lack of cushions. A week after that, I got a nice reply from the booking agency commiserating my concern and informing me they had conveyed the folly to Unico Mgmt.




Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 8:27 pm on Sep. 21, 2007
Skip

Quote: from maddogck1 on 4:19 am on Sep. 16, 2007

the closest BTS station is Phloen Chit. Close by, but you have to cross the railroad and hwy entrance.

I like to be close to the action (normally use Majestic Suite). But because of my last minute trip decision, my BKK hotel options are limited.



Whiner me thinks. Fact is Majestic Suites is probably closer to Ploen Chit station than Nana station, too, but is most certainly more conveniently 'closer' to neither than is Unico. Since what is not closer is the motocy stands. Motocy stand is directly across the soi at Unico while the Majestic Suites patron would have to round the corner on soi 4 to get one.

I guarantee you the soi 4 motocy boys would be charging factors of ten over either the stand in front of Unico or the stand at the front of soi 1.




Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 8:49 pm on Sep. 21, 2007
     

© 2001-2019 bangkok2night.com | Our Privacy Statement

Powered by Ikonboard 2.1.10
© 2001 Ikonboard.com