| |
caronte
|
Opening a high end boutique hotel such as the Dream Hotel in such area shows a lack of knowledge of the market.....you can't just put on the word boutique and expect to fill the rooms, in particular with high end Asian customers....those are customers that prefer to stay from Childlom to the Chao Phraya.....Metropolitan, Le Bua, Interconti, Shang and so on... Sukhumvit is ok for western with mid/low budget (corporate stay at Westin/Sheraton Grand/JW Marriott) and it's quite risky to offer anything over 80USD per nite..... Nevertheless, good luck to those guys......
|
Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 7:29 pm on Aug. 9, 2006
|
|
ThaidUp
|
I'm holding out for the Fetish link button to work on the website. Now maybe they will have some of those rooms that will be interesting. I think I will check out the Thai restaraunt. The problem with most of the places that caronte mentioned is that it takes an extra 2-4 hours per day to get through the traffic. I really forsee the new Millinium hotel struggling because of the location. Across the Chao Phraya is a death nail unless you just want to stay in that area. I put all my business guests in the Sukhumvitt region simply because of traffic logistics. The Chidlom region is not bad, but forget the Chao Phraya region.
|
Bangkok Women : Meet Sensual Bangkok Women
Posted on: 7:50 pm on Aug. 9, 2006
|
|
Evil Penivel
|
I like new hotels and having had some experience with the Dream in Manhattan, would be more than willing to give the Bangkok Dream a try in October. Hopefully their Web site will be functional in the near future. Evil
|
Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 9:59 am on Aug. 10, 2006
|
|
ThaidUp
|
Well I went to try the new restaurant last Friday night. Nice new linen table clothes, new China and silverware along with light candle lights on each table, but no customers. Well it seems all the above is just a facade as the restaurant will not be open for dinner for another month. The bar was open which is adjacent to the restaurant with an open floor plan. I have the hotel rate sheet which I actually picked up at Guisto's restaurant that was second choice for the night. They seem to have something together as they have Guisto's indicated on their map and it is by no means a landmark. There is no sign on the hotel, but it is pretty easy to find about 200 meters down the Soi. As EP correctly states it is very nice to stay in new hotels in BKK, mainly because most hotels to not have proper ongoing maintenance and start to look worn after a few years. Now the Dream hotel has a very eccletic style with many hanging decorations which makes you think Opium Den back in the day. Unfortunately, all these items will be dust and dirt collectors from BKK's dirty air so look for the place to look old and worn after a year or two. The clean lines and minimalist style of the "The Met" on Sathon lends itself better to BKK's atmosphere. In regards to Caronte's statement, I think the area is changing. People are beginning to relaise that the river location is a death trap traffic wise and many of the new developments are in the Sukhumvitt area. There is a new Crowne Plaza being built near Soi 31 and another name brand hotel (Forgot the name) around Soi 11. Whenever I want to go to some restaurant's near the river it is taxi hell trying to get a taxi that will want to drive you there.
|
Bangkok Girls : Meet Sexy Bangkok Girls
Posted on: 7:41 pm on Aug. 14, 2006
|
|
sandontoes
|
cant agree with caronte at all- I look for high end hotels because compared to usa and europe they are a steal (ever price a room in london?- I stay at 3 1/2 star there for more) ---- but the sky train makes all the difference- before it was build you could spend 1 hour to go a dozen blocks except at 3 in the morning----on my last dozen or so trips since it was built- I always start at shangri-la for its great river views and easy sky train access- but pain to get to action as you cant walk---then later in trip I switch to jw marriott -- no river views but can walk to enough nightlife to keep me busy for a year. bottom line- I would try Dream to replce Marriott, Westin, landmark etc on second leg of trip ( go to pattaya in middle) not the Shangri-la---- cheers!!!
|
Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 9:16 am on Aug. 20, 2006
|
|
sandontoes
|
is the DREAM open-??? does it have a gym?? nice rooms?? nice pool?? any feedback?? want to try in nivember
|
Bangkok Women : Meet Beautiful Thai Girls
Posted on: 5:29 pm on Aug. 27, 2006
|
|
PussyLover 69
|
Quote: from sandontoes on 6:38 am on Aug. 28, 2006 is the DREAM open-??? does it have a gym?? nice rooms?? nice pool?? any feedback?? want to try in nivember
Report from The Nation dated Saturday 5 August 2006 :- Dream Hotel to awaken Bangkok this month ================================= New York-based boutique Dream Hotel, is opening its first overseas branch this month on Sukhumvit Soi 15 Well, according to Bangkok Post the Dream Hotel is supposed to open in August 2006. Can anybody who is in Bangkok right now please confirm this ?
|
Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 1:18 am on Aug. 28, 2006
|
|
Skip
|
^ Gotta be getting close- the hotel had their own high-gloss brochure inserted into the papers today. One of those self-congratulatory pat on the back, this is who we are and this is what we offer, and here's a public best-of-luck from all our subcontractors inserts. I was thinking of scanning it and slipping it in here.... And get this! The brochure said every room will come with it's own iPod Nano, a Plasma TV and DVD player. You can bet the iPod will be chock full of the latest in trendy life-style vibes.
|
Thai Girls : Meet Active Thai Girls
Posted on: 9:28 am on Aug. 28, 2006
|
|
Evil Penivel
|
I just took the plunge and booked the Presidential Suite at the Dream Hotel for a night in November, with the option for more nights if I like it. Special pricing, about 1/3 off rack rates, according to the web site, which is now functional, if not fully functional. Evil
|
Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 10:41 am on Aug. 28, 2006
|
|
ringthebells
|
the event was last night. the grand opening. 1/3 of the published rate would be about right. food was okay, bar looks cool. check out the website for all the extras as pool, gym etc. rtb
|
Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 3:48 am on Aug. 29, 2006
|
|
| |