Bangkok Tonight Forum  
BangkokTonight : Massage | Bars | Discos | Night Clubs | Hotels | Escorts | Tips | Maps | Site Map
Search in:  

Main – Hotel Issues – Tai Pan Hotel All Topics

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Multiple pages for this topic [ 1 2 3 ]
Email a friend |  

 
Skip
I disagree strongly with Goober,

Having just checked out on Sat. from a three day stay at Tai-Pan I was very impressed with this hotel in all respects.
http://www.siam-online.net has a rate of 1100 baht (double) yet other sites go far higher. There is quiet a spread on this hotel's rates apparently.

Having booked double I was asked upon check-in by the very attractive receptionist if my wife was staying with me. No I replied, actually a lady friend is staying with me. The receptionist then asked if she could have the lady friends name. I told her pointedly but politely that isn't possible as I haven't met her yet. I got a good laugh out of her for sure, but also clearly established my intents, and had she balked or challenged me I would have walked on the spot. From then on it was a non-issue.  

Later, speaking with a quasi-staff member, I was told they WILL register the ladies id's when you bring them back. However, my first night back with a gal the clerk didn't even look interested and though I was making a line for the desk we strolled on by and up to the room. My last night I show up with a different gal and the staff on duty clearly looked in the ledger to check my booking and let me pass with a courteous smile and not a word otherwise.

The Tai-Pan itself has a great ambiance, location, a fantastically large and well appointed room layout, and even at twice the price I think it'd be a deal. But at 1100 baht it's awesome. Both my gals, unfamiliar with the property, let out a sigh of approval when they saw the room.

Mind you Soi Cowboy and the Asok BTS station are a short walk away.




Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 9:17 pm on Oct. 15, 2002
goober
hey skippy...

perhaps management has changed there since.
I was there August 01 and was really looking forward to the place after reading reviews and managed to get a double room for 1200...

Everything was ok the first nite when i brought a girl...
registered her id.....
then second nite.... i took a different one and the guy at the recep said she wasn't the same one...
then i requested to speak to the manager and he also told me that its hotel policy as the girl was not registered as my spouse ???
so.. in the end.. i had to pay the extra lady charge...

that pissed me off and i moved out the next day...
dont mean to bad mouth Tai Pan... but i guess its just my luck on having bad experience...
no doubt the ambience is nice.. near to narcisus and soi cowboy.....

but then.. this is bangkok.....
they have loads of other hotels and i'm sure everyone have their favorite and crap hotel list...

so far... my pick goes to
Centrepoint, Sukhumvit...
Majestic Suites..
Windsor Suites...


Bangkok Women : Meet Sensual Bangkok Women
Posted on: 12:56 am on Oct. 16, 2002
shyguy
Stayed at Taipan 3 times in July and August. Had reserved for two persons, but they told me at my arrivals, that if I would bring a BG with me I had to pay a joiner fee. Iīv been there always with the same girl and they didnīt ask for her ID or anything else. Nevertheless, the arrivals had been unpleasant.


Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 5:27 pm on Oct. 24, 2002
goober
shyguy,

agreed. there are many other hotels that offer better services for the same price


Bangkok Girls : Meet Sexy Bangkok Girls
Posted on: 11:41 pm on Oct. 24, 2002
Skip
Gentlemen,
Apparently we disagree. What with the collective intelligence manifest in this forum perhaps it's time that some of us reconitor topics of dissension and report back further.

Having such disparate views on this property necessitates further investigation IMO. And thus, given that I'm the one speaking so highly of it, I have just confirmed reservations for 22 Dec. thru 28 Dec. for a standard room (double). Plus, I never did make it to the pool or fitness center either.

During this time, and in order to really put their policies to the test, I propose that I shall pledge to do my utmost to bring at least one different female guest to my room per day in order to challenge their hospitality and face additional charges for said privileges. Would this investigation meet the forum's approval?
"The Butterfly has Landed!"  


Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 1:02 pm on Nov. 4, 2002
shyguy
@skip

To deepen the knowledge of the board concering the upon discussed Hotel I will support Mr. Skips test and will stay there from Dec. 23 - Dec. 29. I will be there with one special girl, but I donīt know yet if she will be the only one


Bangkok Women : Meet Beautiful Thai Girls
Posted on: 1:12 pm on Nov. 4, 2002
Skip

Quote: from Skip on 9:17 am on Oct. 16, 2002

Having booked double I was asked upon check-in by the very attractive receptionist if my wife was staying with me. No I replied, actually a lady friend is staying with me. The receptionist then asked if she could have the lady friends name. I told her pointedly but politely that isn't possible as I haven't met her yet. I got a good laugh out of her for sure, but also clearly established my intents, and had she balked or challenged me I would have walked on the spot. From then on it was a non-issue.  


Great news Shyguy! Hope to meet you there as well perhaps.  And, I will again repeat this same check-in scenario when I return, as closely as possible.


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 1:42 pm on Nov. 4, 2002
Deleted Member
I'll add to this unofficial study as I just booked several nights at the Taipan starting Nov 15th.  After several nights in BKK, it will be off to Cambodia to check out the action there.


Thai Girls : Meet Active Thai Girls
Posted on: 9:28 pm on Nov. 4, 2002
Kojak
does something have been change since then about girls policy ? someone stayed there lately?


Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 11:32 am on Sep. 6, 2003
PopSecret
Kojak -

I was there in April 2003 and when I signed-in they asked me about my SO since I had booked a double.  A friend of mine joked that I "hadn't found her yet" and even though we all had a good laugh, I was then informed that they would apply a joiner fee (600B, if I recall) each night I brought anyone to my room unless they matched a single name I was required to provide at check-in.   My friend was in the clear since he knew the name of the girl who would be staying with him but I was more than a little annoyed.

Experts on BG's can provide you with a few ways to get out of joiner fees (search for 'em), but I agree with those who would suggest you simply pick one of the more friendly hotels.

On the plus side, the Tai-Pan has a good location, cheap rates, decent rooms, a cute and friendly maid (typical in Thailand), and an assortment of tours at their travel desk.

Here's a thought...  that door at the back of the elevator area on the ground floor opens to the outside along the back of the hotel.  I wonder if you could sneak a BG through there and avoid the front desk altogether?  Hmm, just a thought.


Quote: from Kojak on 10:32 am on Sep. 6, 2003
does something have been change since then about girls policy ? someone stayed there lately?


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 4:19 pm on Sep. 25, 2003
     

© 2001-2019 bangkok2night.com | Our Privacy Statement

Powered by Ikonboard 2.1.10
© 2001 Ikonboard.com