| |
ColoradoGuy
|
Ircer, you are bringing your wife and children? No way is Wattana Mansion the place for you. There is little for them to do around there. Shopping is not close, neither are any other sites of interest to them. They will hate it. And do yourself and your family a favor and do not stay at a hotel on Sukhumvit, unless you want them to think that nighttime in Bangkok consists mostly of prostitutes (girls and ladyboys) looking for customers. I strongly sugget either the Asia Hotel - http://www.asiahotel.co.th/bangkok.htm or the Narai Hotel - http://www.narai.com. Both are far closer to everything your family would be interested in, and they are very good value. Plus you can pop on the skytrain to go for your fun.
|
Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 11:31 pm on Jan. 12, 2005
|
|
ircer
|
ColoradoGuy, Huh? Aren't Robinson, Jusco, Yaohan shopping centers? They are walking distance to Wattana Mansion right? What I really after are shopping centers (with air cond) because we all know the heat in Bangkok. My children are still young, best to keep them shopping indoor. I'm not familar with Bangkok public transport and won't have time to find out. So I intend to 'sneak' out to have fun and back as soon as possible. That's why I try to position myself as close to the best MPs as possible.
|
Bangkok Women : Meet Sensual Bangkok Women
Posted on: 1:13 am on Jan. 13, 2005
|
|
DrLove
|
Ircer, Yaohan has disappeared years ago. It's now the IT Mall and Lotus/Tesco. These are NOT on walking distance from Wattana Mansion. Especially not for young children. But they can go by MRTA, which is in front of the door. I support CG's vision on this. Asia Hotel - close to MBK and Pratunam. Narai - on Silom. If you want to go to Ratchada, take (in case of Asia hotel) the Skytrain to Asoke, then it's only a few stops to Poseidon and the likes. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- his question was how far, from this map I can see not too far, after you go and check it tell me if im wrong. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- You're probably have never went further than Nana and Soi Cowboy, Egghead Charlie. You can not see from the map you refer to where the apartment is, and therefore it's worthless. Hotels and apartments like to advertise with 'close to...' MRTA and/or Skytrain, but in reality Soi 17 might be close to Sutthisan Road, but still run to Vibhavadee Road. A steep one hour walk... You didn't know, you just guessed it within giving secure information. The hotel map shows exactly the right information.
|
Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 3:12 am on Jan. 13, 2005
|
|
ircer
|
Thanks guys. I'll have to 'relocate' myself now OK I'll take your advice and look for a hotel closes to shopping centers and catch MRTA, taxi, tuk-tuk, etc to MPs. Hopefully, the traffic won't be bad at night times (if by taxi/tuk-tuk). My last option would be to stay in Sukhumvit. At least I believe I'm still familar with the area.
|
Bangkok Girls : Meet Sexy Bangkok Girls
Posted on: 6:01 am on Jan. 13, 2005
|
|
cheapcharlie
|
----------------------------------------------------------------------- his question was how far, from this map I can see not too far, after you go and check it tell me if im wrong. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- You're probably have never went further than Nana and Soi Cowboy, Egghead Charlie. Well Mr cheesehead,know it all Dr Love wrong again but your probably used to that You can not see from the map you refer to where the apartment is, and therefore it's worthless. I can tell so what does that say about you Hotels and apartments like to advertise with 'close to...' MRTA and/or Skytrain, but in reality Soi 17 might be close to Sutthisan Road, but still run to Vibhavadee Road. A steep one hour walk... Well Mr la-de-da lived 20 yrs in bangkok what have you been doing apart from . You didn't know, you just guessed it within giving secure information. The hotel map shows exactly the right information. Wow correct answer first point but still not enough for your certificate. i worked it out from both maps and from knowing the area like any one above 6 yrs old with a brain could do. its not rocket science, I think you've been too long in bangkok your brain is as rusty as a bar girls Anyway you still have chance to redeem, go up there and make a detailed map for the bros and all will be forgiven Otherwise stop wincing about, I offered it to Ircer, not you. Get a life ooh and Ircer good luck mate, be sure to give a field report from the places you visit for the rest of us.
|
Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 6:41 am on Jan. 13, 2005
|
|
ColoradoGuy
|
Quote: from ircer on 4:55 am on Jan. 13, 2005 OK I'll take your advice and look for a hotel closes to shopping centers and catch MRTA, taxi, tuk-tuk, etc to MPs.
Excellent choice. CP2 and Baron are less than 10 mins via Skytrain from the Asia Hotel. Guys, how about keeping the insults and personal disputes out of this thread?
|
Bangkok Women : Meet Beautiful Thai Girls
Posted on: 10:31 am on Jan. 13, 2005
|
|
cheapcharlie
|
Guys, how about keeping the insults and personal disputes out of this thread? Couldn't agree more, im gone from this thread.
|
Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 12:43 pm on Jan. 13, 2005
|
|
emerald
|
Thought I'd give a quick review for anyone that is considering staying at Watana Mansion. I stayed there for two one-week stints in June of this year. Overall, I would say it's only "ok." The very best part is the price. For a one week stay, it's about 500bt per night (after 10% off for a week's stay.) Next best things are the friendly hotel van driver that never failed to "sawatt dii khrap" me when he saw me later on, the adequate restaurant, the pretty good choice of tv channels for an English-speaker, the well-stocked mini-mart, the room a/c, and the swimming pool. On the "not so good" side: The front-desk staff doesn't smile much and aren't really very helpful. The rooms seem to be pretty much "what you see is what you get." I had an in-room safe in one room, but not in the next. Probably the most aggravating thing was that I could not call out in the first room I was in and also couldn't call out in the second room. When I reported the problem (s) to the front desk (in a very nice way, I might add) there never seemed to be anyone who was willing to tackle the problem. Finally I just gave up, knowing in life (and especially in Thailand) it's best to use discretion in picking your battles. Other things worth reporting: Having the MRT (subway) close-by makes staying at Watana possible. But, it's still a lot of time spent walking, waiting, riding just to get somewhere. There's a nice and inexpensive TTM place at the MRT exit #4. Just take a hard right as you exit, it's called something like massage7, take the elevator to the 4th floor. Two hours TTM for only 300bt. One day I was there, I felt like I was in a Grade B movie. The power went out, I was on the elevator with 4 other people, the alternate generator didn't work, we were trapped for about 10 minutes. Finally, we noticed the floor indicator light said "6." So we pried the doors open, unlocked the outside second door, and the housekeeping staff pried those doors open. Then we all jumped thru a three-foot gap down to the sixth floor. I realize that could happen to anyone, but again nobody at the front desk seemed to be very concerned, which is probably the only reason I am bring it up. Overall, IMHO I would give Watana Mansion a C-... the room rate is really good so when everything seemed to turn to sh*t, I tried to remind myself of that. YMMV.
|
Thai Girls : Meet Active Thai Girls
Posted on: 1:19 pm on July 17, 2007
|
|
| |
|