Bangkok Tonight Forum  
BangkokTonight : Massage | Bars | Discos | Night Clubs | Hotels | Escorts | Tips | Maps | Site Map
Search in:  

Main – News & Announcements – 1st March 2004 - Midnight Closing?! All Topics

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Multiple pages for this topic [ 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 30 ]
Email a friend |  

 
NaughtiusMaximus
There is a subway station on corner Silom and Rama 4.


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 12:00 am on Feb. 22, 2004
Vancouver Jay

Quote: from Arcadius on 2:37 am on Feb. 22, 2004
What I want to know is this. How long will it be before farang-oriented bars start opening in the bigger zone at Rachada &c? At some point, I think bar-owners will just have to start cutting with the grain. I can understand the reluctance to be the first to set the ball rolling, but a group like Crown could probably afford to make a pioneering move. Maybe the new regs will encourage more farangs to go exploring there of their own accord, in which case the bars may start to follow.

I have no idea about the economics involved with this. Anyone have any info? VJ?

Nope, don't look at me.

But if I'd had the pocketbook for it...

I would have found a way to acquire a plot of land in Ratchada and put a building on it in suitable for building out as go-go bars. A NEP clone if you will.

Now would be the time to actually build out the first floor, get 4 or 5 places open and start trying to build a trade.

Then let out the other spaces to other people to build out their bars.

It would be win-win, being both first-to-market and the landlord or at least the master tenant...

Worst case is you bind a lot of other people into longterm leases, then either dump your unprofittable bars at break-even, or take the assets out and put them into NEP or another established area if one is going to survive.

Super-worst case, you either turn it into a shopping mall or torch it for the insurance.

One limiting factor that gets overlooked -- and it's a momentum thing, really -- is the number of cheap, GF hotels within comfortable walking distance of NEP/Cowboy.

A new hotspot can't really take off until you have that, given the early hours at which SkyTrain and the Subway end service.

The point I'm left to advocate, probably the only one on the forum to do so, is that for a smart bar owner with access to even a little capital, this is not a hardship, it is a golden opportunity.


Bangkok Women : Meet Sensual Bangkok Women
Posted on: 12:10 am on Feb. 22, 2004
NaughtiusMaximus
'win win' just love that little slightly overused but cleverly and wittingly used term.


Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 12:17 am on Feb. 22, 2004
maddogck1
can we combine the several different treads all talking about the new midnight closing law, into one central thread like Eden ? Makes it easier for people to get info and discuss and ask the same questions.


Bangkok Girls : Meet Sexy Bangkok Girls
Posted on: 3:12 am on Feb. 23, 2004
ringthebells
I know of 4 operators that are looking for new venues in the RCAzone.

expect to have 5 or 6 gogos to pop up next to each other in RCA. available spaces at patpong seem have to been snatched up by kings group, before anybody knew.

as for the nep/cowboy operators, no deals have been made yet, nobody is actually believing that the law of a midnite closing is going to be enforced. so they first wait and see.

I will keep you posted if new things develop.

rtb


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 3:29 am on Feb. 23, 2004
ThaidUp
I agree with VJ, with the new opening of the Subway in April the main disadvantage of Ratachada, traffic is gone.

NEP is old, a death fire trap and doubtful if it will ever be refurbished. The one exit out is a diaster ready to happen. It is time for the bulldozer and building of the new REC (Ratchada Entertainment Complex) hopefully right next to a good MP's


Bangkok Women : Meet Beautiful Thai Girls
Posted on: 7:59 am on Feb. 23, 2004
ThaidUp
Quote from Cmore "This statement brings up a rather scary thought that perhaps the powers that be haven't considered. With Patpong being one of the zoned areas and therefore allowed to remain open until 2am while NEP and Cowboy having to close at 12, am I the only one that can envision a mass exodus every night of guys heading to Patpong to get in 2 more hours of partying. "
____________________________________________

I smell a business op. RTB get that bus in gear and have a party bus run from NEP to Patpong. Load it up with girls and sell booze at 150 THB a drink. The load of drunks should pay the higher price. So while your driver is fighting traffic you are rolling in the dough.


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 8:03 am on Feb. 23, 2004
Arcadius
I know of 4 operators that are looking for new venues in the RCA zone... expect to have 5 or 6 gogos to pop up next to each other in RCA

Well, that's mighty interesting, RTB. Any idea when they're expected to kick off? That should at least be a sufficient number to get people to go and check out the new scene - especially if they do something sensible like undercutting NEP on drinks & barfines. Once you're up to about 10, I'd have thought you're pretty much in business (currently PP is down to only a dozen downstairs GGs).

Interesting also that the Kings Group is ready to make a major new push in Patpong. Say what you like about Kings, at least some of their existing bars (eg, the Corner) have a unique ambience, so with a bit of imagination, the whole place could get a much-needed uplift. Certainly the latest loss there, the last-legs Rififi, won't be greatly missed.

VJ has a valid point about cheap GF hotels in the RCA area, but I wonder how long they will take to materialise once the traffic starts coming through? I can remember a time, only 10 years ago, when the P4P scene on Suk was a fraction of its current size (PP still held pride of place then). I don't know, but I'd guess, that cheap-to-middling accommodation on Suk must have expanded very greatly since that time.

In the longer term, I'd guess that RCA will develop into BKK's primary tourist area while Suk is absorbed into the CBD. The new subway certainly makes that feasible now. One more speculation. If they decide they need to ease up on closing times (quite probable imo), they could well confine the relaxation to the zoned areas. Any widening of the time differentials would obviously accelerate these trends.


Thai Girls : Meet Active Thai Girls
Posted on: 10:08 am on Feb. 23, 2004
ringthebells
apparently two deputy chiefs have been sacked at lumpinee police station, as they were on the soft side.

looks like they are going to enforce it. the lower level police is paralyzed.

guess who recently bought a huge plot of land in the RCA area??

the first lady...

arcadius, at the moment everybody is standby, waiting for 1st of march to happen. but expect them to move fast if the law is going to be enforced.

anyway, I'll keep you posted.

rtb


Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 1:38 am on Feb. 24, 2004
Kryptonite
Not only BKK is being affected. My favorite spots in Chonburi have given the notice that they will be closing down after March 1st. The owners told me that they can't make any money only staying open until 12am. The mostly Thai clients don't come out to play until 11pm or so. My sister-in-law is having to close her karokee place down on Sukumvit in Chonburi. I guess they are going to open a resteraunt instead. Whoopeee Thanks Thaskin!

Some major major changes happening. Not any "zoned" areas for fun in Chonburi, that I know of. Let's hope that they move it into the "sticks." My favorite place to have fun!


Krypto


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 1:51 am on Feb. 24, 2004
     

© 2001-2019 bangkok2night.com | Our Privacy Statement

Powered by Ikonboard 2.1.10
© 2001 Ikonboard.com