Bangkok Tonight Forum  
BangkokTonight : Massage | Bars | Discos | Night Clubs | Hotels | Escorts | Tips | Maps | Site Map
Search in:  

Main – News & Announcements – 1st March 2004 - Midnight Closing?! All Topics

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Multiple pages for this topic [ 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30 ]
Email a friend |  

 
ParadiseSeeker
In California at least it's very common for new owners of a bar to be required to get a new liquor license. I think that few bars and restaurants in the states are actually incorportated - so the licensing isn't transfered with the assets.

Given the restrictions on incorporation within Thailand and the number of expat bar owners, I suspect those bars aren't corporations.

Additionally licenses can be written in crazy ways. It would be easy for them to set up licenses so that a change of controlling ownership, or any change in even partial ownership would require reapplication. This would be crazy for a public corporation, but isn't unreasonable for a partnership arrangement, which is more typical for a bar.

I'm starting to feel a little silly posting legal questions on this board.


Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 11:16 am on Mar. 4, 2004
Hermanolobo

Quote: from hzink on 1:16 am on Mar. 4, 2004


Yeah, but didn't a recent article just state that all existing business' have until March 15th to get new licenses? So, now what do we have that falls under the new regulations?

- Only new, new businesses'?
- Old, new business'?
- New, old business'?
- Any old, old business' left?

Did I miss anything?

Harry



Groucho Marx: Now pay particular attention to this first clause, because it's most important. There's the party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the party of the first part. How do you like that, that's pretty neat eh?

Chico Marx: No, that's no good.

Groucho Marx: What's the matter with it?

Chico Marx: I don't know, let's hear it again.

Groucho Marx: So the party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the party of the first part.

Chico Marx: Well it sounds a little better this time.

Groucho Marx: Well, it grows on you. Would you like to hear it once more?

Chico Marx: Just the first part.

Groucho Marx: What do you mean, the party of the first part?

Chico Marx: No, the first part of the party, of the first part.

Groucho Marx: All right. It says the first part of the party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the first part of the party of the first part, shall be known in this contract - look, why should we quarrel about a thing like this, we'll take it right out, eh?

Chico Marx: Yes, it's too long anyhow. Now what have we got left?

Groucho Marx: Well I've got about a foot and a half.

Groucho Marx: Now what's the matter?

Chico Marx: I don't like the second party either.

Groucho Marx: Well, you should have come to the first party, we didn't get home till around four in the morning. I was blind for three days.

Chico Marx: Hey look, why can't the first part of the second party be the second part of the first party, then you'll get something.

Groucho Marx: Well look, rather than go through all that again, what do you say?

Chico Marx: Fine.

Groucho Marx: Now I've got something here you're bound to like, you'll be crazy about it.

Chico Marx: No, I don't like it.

Groucho Marx: You don't like what?

Chico Marx: Whatever it is, I don't like it.

Groucho Marx: Well don't let's break up an old friendship over a thing like that. Ready?

Chico Marx: OK. Now the next part I don't think you're going to like.

Groucho Marx: Well your word's good enough for me. Now then, is my word good enough for you?

Chico Marx: I should say not.

Groucho Marx: Well I'll take out two more clauses. Now the party of the eighth part --

Chico Marx: No, that's no good, no.

Groucho Marx: The party of the ninth part --

Chico Marx: No, that's no good too. Hey, how is it my contract is skinnier than yours?

Groucho Marx: Well, I don't know, you must have been out on a tail last night. But anyhow, we're all set now, are we? Now just you put your name right down there, then the deal is legal.

Chico Marx: I forgot to tell you, I can't write.

Groucho Marx: Well that's all right, there's no ink in the pen anyhow. But listen, it's a contract isn't it? We've got a contract, no matter how small it is.

Chico Marx: Oh sure. You bet.


Groucho Marx: But listen, it's a contract isn't it? We've got a contract, no matter how small it is.

Chico Marx: Oh sure. You bet. Hey wait, wait. What does this say here, this thing here?

Groucho Marx: Oh that? Oh that's the usual clause, that's in every contract. That just says, it says, 'If any of the parties participating in this contract are shown not to be in their right mind, the entire agreement is automatically nullified.'

Chico Marx: Well, I don't know.

Groucho Marx: It's all right, that's in every contract. That's what they call a sanity clause.

Chico Marx: You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.



Bangkok Women : Meet Sensual Bangkok Women
Posted on: 5:01 am on Mar. 5, 2004
ringthebells
back to the midnight closing.

the sukhumvit parade that start shortly after 2 am. was outstanding, this morning.

encore.

rtb


Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 5:52 am on Mar. 5, 2004
KiNHoY
Looks like the Thai gov't has backburnered this whole early closing issue. Thank you!


Bangkok Girls : Meet Sexy Bangkok Girls
Posted on: 9:52 pm on Mar. 6, 2004
FarangBha
I walked out of a place 6 hrs ago... its now 2pm bkk time, and the place is owned by a copper... 3 floors of afterhours entertainment.... boogy on


Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 1:20 am on Mar. 7, 2004
hzink

Quote: from KiNHoY on 10:52 am on Mar. 7, 2004
Looks like the Thai gov't has backburnered this whole early closing issue. Thank you!



Bear in mind, we still have March 15th to contend with (new licenses for bars required), and April 1st (when they said they will do it 'for sure').

Well, I'll be back April 15th or so, and by them we should know a bit better what's up. Hopefully.

Harry


Bangkok Women : Meet Beautiful Thai Girls
Posted on: 5:09 am on Mar. 7, 2004
silentbob1234
Ah yes! Early closing time for everyone just in time for Songkran. Let's take bets to see if a decision get "delayed" again.


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 6:39 am on Mar. 8, 2004
Basil Bush
Hi SB

Great minds think alike, was going to post something along those lines the other day.

Imagine Pattaya during Songkran and the bars not opening until 6pm, it will be very dry.

More likely bars will open all day, I mean who in there right mind would enforce the law, they probably end up as guest of honour at a lynching.

BB


Thai Girls : Meet Active Thai Girls
Posted on: 1:23 pm on Mar. 8, 2004
whitespider
Due back 8th April - can anyone update me on the closing time issue as we are getting conflicting stories over here and from the Thai news sites

Cheers


Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 11:58 am on Mar. 16, 2004
Siamkid
In Patong Beach the new zone effective April 1st will be, the bars located 100 meters from the center of Soi Bangla are the designated "Zone" will close at 1 AM. Everything outside the "Zone" will be closed at midnight. I believe the Banana Disco will be exempt and close at 2AM because they are part of the Patong Beach Hotel which has in excess of 100 rooms.

This was official from "City Hall" as of yesterday.

But time will tell due to the fact that the local municipality is encouraging ALL venues that serve alcohol to stage a huge protest as this will definately have a negative impact on business in this resort town. They want all hotels, discos, restaraunts, beer bars etc etc to hold a mass rally on the governor's doorstep. I'm wondering who will organize it ???

Wish us luck !!!


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 1:42 pm on Mar. 16, 2004
     

© 2001-2019 bangkok2night.com | Our Privacy Statement

Powered by Ikonboard 2.1.10
© 2001 Ikonboard.com