Bangkok Tonight Forum  
BangkokTonight : Massage | Bars | Discos | Night Clubs | Hotels | Escorts | Tips | Maps | Site Map
Search in:  

Main – News & Announcements – 1st March 2004 - Midnight Closing?! All Topics

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Multiple pages for this topic [ 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30 ]
Email a friend |  

 
Triyclops
Good on yer UKYorkie, you have booked a 3 week holiday and I really hope you get the most out of every single millisecond.

Me I was just having a lighthearted jibe ant the "big deal" some people are making out of this proposed change in Licencing laws.

But you do bring up a valid point. Still enjoy what you can when you can...

As long as the EDEN CLUB stays open I'm more than happy..

TC.

Hope to you in mid april


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 11:31 am on Feb. 21, 2004
UKYorkie
TC

Thanks I def will, had 4 trips last year so have enough numbers allready to ensure that I will have fun even if they shut all the bars etc, which off course they wont!

I am not the biggest GoGo fan but def believe that you should be able to make your own choice, I love the buzz of playing pool for money, while chilling from work and sorting out my catch for the night........... and the morning

I am in town from the 15th onwards so will PM you nearer the time and sort something out............................


Bangkok Women : Meet Sensual Bangkok Women
Posted on: 11:45 am on Feb. 21, 2004
cmore

Quote: from UKYorkie on 11:19 am on Feb. 22, 2004

I was quite looking fwd to seeing the 12 oclock shuffle from Nana........ as I would have had more chance to make it rather than the 2 oclock one.


This statement brings up a rather scary thought that perhaps the powers that be haven't considered. With Patpong being one of the zoned areas and therefore allowed to remain open until 2am while NEP and Cowboy having to close at 12, am I the only one that can envision a mass exodus every night of guys heading to Patpong to get in 2 more hours of partying.

Think about it. Hundreds of guys partying until say 11:30, then knowing that the bars and gogos off Suk are about to close start paying their bill and heading out to get a taxi to Patpong to keep the party going a little longer. Can you even imagine the traffic problems that would cause every night around midnight, not to mention the bars ending up losing even more business from customers leaving before closing in order to get to Patpong in time.

How about this. Once these guys start to notice how many guys are heading to Patpong at the same time every night and how bad traffic gets at that time then they are going to make the decision to head out even earlier to avoid the rush which could mean the bars could start losing their customers at 11:00 instead of 11:30, then 10:30 instead of 11:00, etc.

Now try this one. Midnight hits and the parking lot of Nana hotel fills up with the ladies from NEP and Angels disco, only they notice that there are very few guys around. Someone asks where are all the guys, someone answers that they all went to Patpong to continue to party until 2am. Once these ladies start to realize that most of their customers have headed off to PP for 2 more hours of party time would anyone care to guess how many taxis will be filling up with ladies looking to head to where the action is. Would this cause a whole new traffic jam or just a continuation of the earlier one?

Now for the big one. What happens at 2am now that everyone is over in PP and all the bars are SRO and all the sois in the area are jam packed with freelancers. The bars close at 2 and everyone is trying to get a taxi back to Suk ( The logic of this totally escapes me ). Again, a new traffic jam or just a continuation of the first one.

Hopefully most guys will have the good sense to stay in the Suk area and pick their companion before midnight, but we all know that when the little head does the thinking good sense goes right out the window. I guess at this point in time all we can really do is wait to see what actually happens on March 1. Hopefully it won't end up as bad as some believe it will be, but..... Peace


Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 12:37 pm on Feb. 21, 2004
dagul
When I think of how it's going to be I envision the movie Airplane, the scene where all the reporters rush to the telephones to report the news and the whole line of phones booths come crashing down because everyone runs into them at the same time. Should be an interesting site...

What about the rail to Silom, is that an option?


Bangkok Girls : Meet Sexy Bangkok Girls
Posted on: 12:47 pm on Feb. 21, 2004
cmore
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the BTS shuts down at (Wait for it) midnight . Peace


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 12:54 pm on Feb. 21, 2004
cmore
Will the new subway have a Silom stop? If so maybe that will help a little. Peace


Bangkok Women : Meet Beautiful Thai Girls
Posted on: 12:57 pm on Feb. 21, 2004
Arcadius
Actually, I think even zoned venues have to close at 1am, so I'm not sure many guys will find it worthwhile decamping from Suk to Patpong after midnight. The BTS also stops at 12, so if there IS a major exodus, traffic could be a problem. But why bother? If the rules significantly affect the number of girls taken out, Suk itself will be awash with GGs looking for custom soon after closing time.

I suppose it's conceivable that the new rules will be a shot in the arm for PP - and if it encourages more expats and regulars to party there, attitudes might even improve (at present, the girls are overfed on fresh-faced newbies and stopover traffic). However, I think this kind of effect is very difficult to predict in advance - we'll just have to wait and see how punters' behavioural patterns adjust.

What I want to know is this. How long will it be before farang-oriented bars start opening in the bigger zone at Rachada &c? At some point, I think bar-owners will just have to start cutting with the grain. I can understand the reluctance to be the first to set the ball rolling, but a group like Crown could probably afford to make a pioneering move. Maybe the new regs will encourage more farangs to go exploring there of their own accord, in which case the bars may start to follow.

I have no idea about the economics involved with this. Anyone have any info? VJ?


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 1:37 pm on Feb. 21, 2004
Yurune
There are trains stops on Rama IV with the new subway. Can't remember how close the nearest one is to Silom....and too lazy to look now.


Thai Girls : Meet Active Thai Girls
Posted on: 2:53 pm on Feb. 21, 2004
FarangBha
Theres one within walking distance....


Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 9:01 pm on Feb. 21, 2004
cmore
Okay but will the subway be open 24 hours or will they shut down at midnight like the BTS. If so we're right back to one hell of a traffic mess beginning before midnight and possibly not ending until long after 3am.

Personally I'd rather pay a visit to Foodland in the afternoon and load up on beer and wine coolers and buy a few small bottles of different liquors and mixers and continue the party there instead of going through all that hassle just for one or two extra hours of party time at the bars. I guess we'll see what's what in a week . Peace


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 9:28 pm on Feb. 21, 2004
     

© 2001-2019 bangkok2night.com | Our Privacy Statement

Powered by Ikonboard 2.1.10
© 2001 Ikonboard.com