I recieved an email from travelocity for a "fare alert" from New York (JFK) to Bangkok. Looked at some travel dates and came up with $865 RT. Price before taxes is $664. Seems to be a fairly good deal! Singapore is a member of Star Alliance and also a Delta partner. The dates for this fare were Feb 8 to May 23 and included weekend travel. Not sure if this deal extends to other cities but might be worth a check. Rumor has it the FA's are HOT!
edit: Looks like this is a "V" class fare and will not qualify for Delta skymiles. Not sure how the Star Alliance system works as I am not a member. LS
It's difficult to know for sure about this year, but fares in that price range generally aren't unusual for the Feb. - May period because it considered "low season" from a U.S. perspective. I've consistently gotten fares between $620 and $850, inclusive all taxes and fees. So you might want to shop around a bit more, a lot of airlines will prolly come in close to SA. But if you favor SA for any reason, go for it!