Bangkok Tonight Forum  
BangkokTonight : Massage | Bars | Discos | Night Clubs | Hotels | Escorts | Tips | Maps | Site Map
Search in:  

Main – Travel – Driving to Chiang Mai All Topics

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Single Page for this topic
Email a friend |  

 
MadStockBroker
I am thinking of driving to CM. I drive a lot in THailand but never this far.

It looks about 750km so I estimate about 8 hours max.

Anyone know what the road is like?

Thanks,
MSB


Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 11:27 pm on Feb. 7, 2006
LocalYokul

just fine,

of course there's a mountainous range around Lampang

if you're accustomed to that sort of driving, no probem

road signs are quite good, self-explanatory

expect it to take you 12 hours

how soon you comin' ?

this weekend it's gonna be packed


Bangkok Women : Meet Sensual Bangkok Women
Posted on: 11:33 pm on Feb. 7, 2006
MadStockBroker
12 hours?? Thats a bit slow. I thought I can average 100km per hours.


Yeah I was thinking about this weekend? Why ?


Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 12:43 am on Feb. 8, 2006
LocalYokul

Quote: from MadStockBroker on 2:30 pm on Feb. 8, 2006

12 hours?? Thats a bit slow. I thought I can average 100km per hours.

you can't really go 100kph the entire way, there's winding roads that go across the mountains


Yeah I was thinking about this weekend? Why ?



Quote: from LocalYokul on 1:20 pm on Feb. 8, 2006

this weekend it's gonna be packed




Bangkok Girls : Meet Sexy Bangkok Girls
Posted on: 1:51 am on Feb. 8, 2006
Brocher

Quote: from MadStockBroker on 7:30 pm on Feb. 8, 2006
12 hours?? Thats a bit slow. I thought I can average 100km per hours.


Yeah I was thinking about this weekend? Why ?




Long weekend holiday, expect a few local folk to be goin' to CM this weekend.


Cheerio
PS: That's prolly why I'm off to Bkk!


Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 3:26 am on Feb. 8, 2006
Serembanmen
I drive from Din Deang along the airport toward north and cut through Atyuthaya and follow the left to kampen phit....tak.....lampang....all the way is highway...donot go in to pitsululuk otherwise u will hv a big turn on that. Anyway u can get the Highway map from petrostation it very usefull...


Bangkok Women : Meet Beautiful Thai Girls
Posted on: 1:10 am on Feb. 10, 2006
Mel Gibson
I haven't driven to Chaing Mai but I have driven from BKK to Nong Kai.
From that experience it is very difficult to average anything over about 70-80 km per hour.In Aus I average 100+ on trips but we dont have......

1) Buffalos wandering on the road
2) 70 year old trucks stacked 20 metres high with wood.
3) Farm tractors doing 10km an hour.
4) Tuk tuks / Song Taews or pre WW1 motor-bikes doing 15 km/h.

Add to this the average Thai persons need for Quay Tiaew ( noodles) every 45 minutes and you are lucky to get an average of 70km/h.

This is why god let us invent aeroplanes.

See airasia.com for cheap tickets.







Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 5:30 pm on Feb. 10, 2006
slowx
from ayuthya to nakhon sawan, traffic is heavy and road surface not too good..

u r faster using the slow lane or road shoulder.. used to drive at 140-160 kmh on that stretch..



Thai Girls : Meet Active Thai Girls
Posted on: 7:12 am on Feb. 11, 2006
KryptoGS
I have made the drive 4 or 5 times in the last 6 years. Roads are not that bad. During holidays and long weekends, traffic is pretty bad. Thai people wont spring for the airline tickets, they would rather save money and drive.

It has taken me several different amounts of time to get there. See below:

Songkran Holiday 2002 = 23 hours non-stop
Normal weekends = 8-9 hours non-stop
Songkran a couple days early = 13 hours non-stop

It's a nice drive. Signs are good, and really good road trip. Usually takes me a 12 pack to get there.


Kryptonite


Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 6:38 pm on Feb. 11, 2006
     

Single Page for this topic

© 2001-2019 bangkok2night.com | Our Privacy Statement

Powered by Ikonboard 2.1.10
© 2001 Ikonboard.com