Bangkok Tonight Forum  
BangkokTonight : Massage | Bars | Discos | Night Clubs | Hotels | Escorts | Tips | Maps | Site Map
Search in:  

Main – Hotel Issues – Top Sukhumvit hotels All Topics

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Multiple pages for this topic [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ]
Email a friend |  

 
glau
stayed at these hotels sukhumvit area:

- president solitaire
very nice but pricy, location good, girlfriendly, small pool and gym
- grand president
depends on the room you get, some are very worn, make sure that you get a new renovated, location very good
-majestic suites
no comment necessary
- majestic grande
did like it very much, great service, very nice rooms, really good value

but number one was:

-rembrandt towers serviced apartement (don't mix up with rembrandt hotel which is not girlfriendly)
got it for a ridiculous low price, 70sqm very spacy room, big pool, girlfriendly, book it through asiarooms


Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 2:27 pm on April 22, 2006
CalEden

Quote: from glau on 12:19 pm on April 23, 2006
-rembrandt towers serviced apartement (don't mix up with rembrandt hotel which is not girlfriendly)
got it for a ridiculous low price, 70sqm very spacy room, big pool, girlfriendly, book it through asiarooms



How much did you pay?

Checked Asiarooms out, quoted $80US no breakfast double.


Bangkok Women : Meet Sensual Bangkok Women
Posted on: 2:56 pm on April 22, 2006
apollo
Rembrandt Towers does not look that bad for a 70sqm 1 bed suite. In THB it is about 2900 (US$ is not what it used to be, compare this with 2900THB the Town Lodge charges for a Jacuzi room, not a suite, at the end of soi 18 - farther from Suk). With breaky the price will be 3200 THB. Still OK except that I do not like their menu of charges (as per Asiarooms.com) for a DVD player and even a newspaper (how much the DVD player costs anyway, would expect a 4 starts hotel to provide one free of extra charge). Have not been to that hotel, and asiarooms.com does not incl a 70sqm 1 bed room in the rooms descriptions offered (only in the booking it is stated), the 1 bed description talks about 50sqm - which is not that bad but not 70sqm. If I need to add consideration for location, I wont go there. I like to really be within a close walking distance to everything. Yes taxi is cheap and tuk tuk.. well.. but I don't want to bother using one. Now, if I compare this to the Landmark (my favorite) I got it for 3200THB last time incl breaky, and got upgraded to a suite (since I go there a lot so they upgrade me to exec suite free if one is available of course). Does not have a kitchen there but dont need any since the exec club has snakes, breaky is good and food is cheap who has time to cook... So all in all... for me... I would stay at the Landmark... although it sure looks interesting and will check it next time I am there (e.g. to see if they offer a Jacuzzi in the bathroom...

Cheers!

Ap.-


Thai Girls : Meet Sexy Thai Girls
Posted on: 3:40 pm on April 22, 2006
madfrog
WOooow, reading this thread I realise you guys must be much wealthyer than me, my serviced appartment cost me only 9.500 bahts a month, ok it is in Pratunam (45 bahts taxi ride from Sukkhumvit) but its the price of 3 nights in one of your hotels...

Madfrog the poor


Bangkok Girls : Meet Sexy Bangkok Girls
Posted on: 4:35 pm on April 22, 2006
babaganoosh

- Sheraton Grande
- Westin Grande
- JW Marriott

Each has it pro/cons, all great stays. I prefer SGS & WGS as they are 10-15 second walks to Asoke BTS. I'm also a self-admitted airline/hotel points slut, so I try to maximize with Starwood hotels as much as possible.

- B-


Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 6:18 pm on April 22, 2006
glau
hi cal eden,

I stayed there two years ago and payed even less, but for 80$ it is still a bargain. I like serviced apartements because they are all girlfriendly and more quite than a tourist hotel. I have never been to landmark but I guess that you get a very small room for a higher price. In terms of loaction landmarks is unbeatable but I don't mind walking a little.


Bangkok Women : Meet Beautiful Thai Girls
Posted on: 6:27 pm on April 22, 2006
afm171
A couple more opinions: I've stayed at:

Grand President - wrap around mirrors in the Topaz studio are a big plus, but the rooms are in need of a refresh (though the bathrooms are quite nice) The exective studios in tower 1 are quite nice.

JW Marriott - Enjoyed my stay here, nice rooms, and if I could hit a good a deal on priceline more often I would stay here more.

Swiss Lodge Hotel - not the grottino, this place is over by Patpong. Nice hotel, but charges a joiner fee, so I won't be back.

Swiss Grottino - Nice little place, the rooms are very nicely done and the location is great. The only digs I have against it are the hallways feel low budget and the mattresses are extremely hard.

City Lodge - Even better location than the Grottino, very nice restaurant on the ground floor, but the rooms are very worn down. Renovations were underway during my last visit, so I don't know if this has changed...

Regent Hotel - On soi 22. Stayed here at the suggestion of a soi 33 girl, not entirely sure of their girl friendliness, as I had checked her in with me. A reasonably nice place with a good location. Soi 22 is a good place to hang out for a change from the regular places.

Golden Horse - Out near Khao San road. Owned by the friend of a friend. If you want to re-experience the 70's this is your place. Orange shag carpet, say no more.

President Park - Quite far from Sukhumvit, all the way down soi 24. I liked the place, even the location was okay - I felt more like I was living in LOS than visiting. Good value for the rooms, friendly staff, and the shuttle down to emporium is handy. The President groups, credit card surcharge is pretty bogus though... remember to bring cash to your checkout...


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 11:21 pm on April 23, 2006
glau
Sorry guys, but I am not able to start a threat. just want to know if the century park hotel is girlfriendly. thanks in advance.


Thai Girls : Meet Active Thai Girls
Posted on: 4:35 pm on April 25, 2006
saucytim
Nope Century Park is not GF. Joiner Fees apply.


Thai Women : Meet Matured Thai Women
Posted on: 11:21 pm on April 25, 2006
thaiaficionado
The Sukhumvit hotels I've stayed at, in my order of preference:

1. Sheraton Grande - 5-star room, deep soaking tub, stereo player for those street CDs comes in handy. Great crib for some action.

2. JW Marriott - A close 2nd, nice rooms, great location and a very fine cigar selection. I like to stop in and light up in the lobby, even when I'm not staying there.

3. Westin - A step below the first two, IMHO. Need a transfer ticket on the walk of shame.

4. Majestic Grande - Newly opened

5. Majestic Suites - Better value than MG

6. Nana Hotel - Ah, what ambience. The car park, the breakfast scene, ideal location, and even comfy beds for just 1K.

7. Windsor Suites - Lots of space with the extra sitting room, I'd stay there again, and rate it higher, if only it was guest friendly.

8. Raumchit Plaza - If you arrive without a reservation...

9. Royal Parkview - Overrun over by tourist groups. Forget it.


Bangkok Girls : Meet Attractive Thai Girls
Posted on: 8:03 am on April 26, 2006
     

© 2001-2019 bangkok2night.com | Our Privacy Statement

Powered by Ikonboard 2.1.10
© 2001 Ikonboard.com